2017 MANDATORY TOPICS
Salesperson Mandatory Topic - Insurance Awareness and Contract Timelines (this course must be taken by BOTH salespersons and brokers)
2017 Broker Mandatory - Broker Responsibility (this course must be taken by all brokers (associate and individual) in a LIVE CLASSROOM FORMAT)
In 2017, as part of the annual continuing education, all brokers and salespersons are required to complete the mandatory course titled, Insurance Awareness and Contract Timelines - 2017 Mandatory. In addition, the LREC is requiring all brokers to complete a separate mandatory course titled, Broker Responsibility - 2017 Broker Mandatory. The 2017 Broker mandatory course will only be offered in a live classroom format.
Contact the provider of your choice for schedule information. Real estate school and vendor list
Mandatory courses must be completed through an approved real estate school or vendor by December 31, 2017, as part of the twelve (12) hour continuing education requirement for license renewal.
These courses should not be confused with similar courses of the same name. Be specific and request a 2017 mandatory topic course.
If you are a new licensee, please remember that completion of the 45-hour post-license curriculum does not relieve you from completing the mandatory topic course(s).
The following information is provided for delinquent licensees, licensees transferring from inactive to active, and licensees who must complete a mandatory topic to satisfy an education audit:
- 2016 mandatory topics - CFPB & You, CFPB & Agency, or Agency
- 2015 mandatory topic - Property Measurement and Pricing
- 2014 mandatory topic - Four one-hour subject areas: Agency and Brokerage, Environmental Hazards, Technology, and Practical Finance. These topics represent one course. They are not four separate topics from which to choose.
- 2013 mandatory topic - Louisiana Real Estate Contracts Featuring the New Residential Agreement to Buy or Sell
- 2012 mandatory topic - Advertising Rules and Regulations: How They Relate to Social Media and Teams in General Advertising
- 2011 mandatory topic - Broker and Agent Responsibilities
- 2010 mandatory topic - Louisiana Real Estate License Law
- 2009 mandatory topic - Residential Agreement to Buy or Sell